Friday, May 6, 2011

Hidemi's Rambling No.321

When I was little and took a bath with my mother, she said in the bathtub, ‘Never marry someone with whom you fall in love.’ In her theory, marriage for love is a ticket to unhappiness because love burns out quickly. She insisted that I should have an arranged marriage as she did. She and my father would find a man for me and do all the necessary background checks so that I’d be better off. She also once said to me in the bathtub, ‘I married your father because he was wealthy. Do you think I would choose such an ugly man like him if he didn’t have money?’ When I grew up, I learned that she had been seeing someone before she met my father at an arranged meeting, but she chose my father because he was richer and had better lineage. I think she dealt with the devil and sold herself at that moment. Since then, she has been unhappy and that made her a being filled with vanity and malice. When it comes to decision making, I always imagine what my mother would do and do the exact opposite. Since I adapted this rule, my life has been easier and better…