Friday, December 30, 2011

Hidemi's Rambling No.387

This year has been full of big events for me. What I had never experienced before happened one after another throughout the year. The biggest earthquake in my life, an indescribable fear of radiation, daily blackouts, a shortage of food, and a move to a rural small town enclosed by high mountains. I had sensed strongly a change and a beginning of my new life. I’ve gotten accustomed to living in this small town that I had felt anxious about, and liked rural life more than I had expected. When I gaze up at the innumerable stars in the sky or snow-covered mountains from the window, I can’t help feeling a presence of something larger than life. I’ve been able to be more relaxed than before, as I got away from the stress of city life with too many people around. One thing to regret for this year is that I hardly worked for my music. Turmoil in moving to a new place and setting up my home studio all over again ate up my time. Now that I’m already used to rural life where time passes slowly, I’m almost terrified at the thought of how long it will take to complete my next song…