Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hidemi’s Rambling No.400

Daily continual snowfall has become more intermittent and there have been sunny or cloudy days once in a while lately. The snow that lied more than my height has been melting little by little and some patches of the ground and the roofs are showing here and there. My first winter in snowy country, about which I had been worried and wondered how it would be like, now seems to go over the peak. I see more birds. A ladybug appears. Even a slight sign of spring is noticeable in this mountainous region where nature is so rich, and it has relieved me from a vague sense of claustrophobia caused by heavy snowfall. I began to feel reassured that I can get along in my new town. It may be possible for me to concentrate on creating music in this remote place and have a better life free from the bondage of fame and money. After making countless choices all the time, I’ve reached the place where I’m now. It will be still some time before the spring comes in earnest and the town is filled with flowers and green leaves, but the long, harsh winter is coming to an end. My new life could be more pleasant than I imagined…