Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hidemi’s Rambling No.418

MusicMarketplace.com


Although my birthday is three months away, my partner bought me a pair of shoes as a birthday present because they were marked down by 40% for a limited time at an online store. The pair was what I’d wanted for 15 years, which were classic oxford leather shoes made in Italy and came in a different color from what Elaine was wearing in ‘Seinfeld’. I wanted them so badly that I paid the customs duty as they were delivered to Japan from U.S. They are my first ever shoes that cost over 100 dollars. I spent five days excitedly waiting for them to arrive. When I opened the box, I found them breathtakingly beautiful but also found red dots here and there on them. It seemed they were stained with the wrapping paper. I couldn’t rub the dots off either with a paper towel or a cloth. I suspected that was the reason why the pair was 40% off. I looked up on the Internet and felt so relieved when a simple eraser removed the dots easily. It was a fine day yesterday and I wore them to a restaurant that was a thirty-minute walk. I walked very carefully not to dirty or scratch my new shoes. At the restaurant, I watched out for them not to bump against legs of the table or the chairs. I was tense all the time and my cheek began to twitch by stress. This is a perfect example of what happens when a person wears expensive shoes for the first time. I look forward to seeing where this pair will take me in future. Wherever it will be, they came all the way from USA to take me there…

MusicMarketplace.com