Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hidemi’s Rambling No.426

MusicMarketplace.com


The town I live in is enclosed by mountains and looks like being left behind the times. But two weeks ago, two modern cafes opened in the train station next to my nearest station. Since there was no Starbucks around the town, I was so happy to finally get a place to have coffee and relax in a good atmosphere. I went to try those cafes quite excitedly. One of them had its interior walls all painted white with white furniture, and had a variety of sweets. While I enjoyed a cream puff there, a woman holding a baby came in. She was taking pleasure in making her baby crow. They took away my comfort and the good atmosphere altogether at once. I left there and looked in the other new cafe. It seemed conscious of Starbucks with chic, brown interior design and had quality easy chairs. Regrettably, those who were in the chairs were women with babies and dozing men with small children. I gave up getting in and came home under the flaming sun. People with kids and babies are always my archenemies. They emerge wherever I go and knock the good atmosphere galley-west. I don’t understand a climate of tolerance toward noisy family’s misbehavior in Japan. Anything annoying is forgiven as long as they have kids or babies along. I had been waiting for years now, for a ‘No Babies, No Kids’ sign on the front of a cafe or a restaurant. It should be so, really, as I’m fed up with being a victim of a spoiled atmosphere by them…

MusicMarketplace.com