Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hidemi’s Rambling No.465

MusicMarketplace.com


When I left Europe and came back to Japan, I realized that my life would never be the same. Now I knew the world is so big and so many different people live in different ways. It seemed ridiculous to be obliged to live by an old custom or by what other people do which I didn’t want. I was told by my parents all my life to succeed the family and to live with them in their house by staying in my small town until I died. After the travel, it had become impossible for me to live in such a little world by following obsolete rules of our own. I also learned who my parents really were during the trip. Now that they disillusioned me, I couldn’t obey them any more because I didn’t want to become like them. Two days after my return from Europe, I started college that I had enrolled in to be an elite businesswoman. Although I’d been told since childhood that was what I was supposed to do, the whole thing there looked incredibly stupid to me and I just couldn’t take it. I made a decision to choose what I wanted to do, not what my parents told me to do. In a couple of months, I stopped attending college and started my music career. Later on, I quit school and left home. The trip to Europe led me to be a musician instead of to be a successor of my family. It literally changed my life. Many years have passed since the trip and I grew older. I think I found the reason why I wrote about my first overseas travel now. I sense I’m standing at the crossroads again as my new challenge is about to start. No matter how old we are, life is meaningless unless we stay alive. To be alive, we shouldn’t be content with what we have, and need to act and challenge. It depends on us whether we make possibilities for our own future infinite. After all, there’s no end for my awkward adventure. It still goes on and will go on…

MusicMarketplace.com