Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hidemi’s Rambling No.466

MusicMarketplace.com


Two years have passed since I moved into this apartment. I’m having the second spring in a remote town in the mountains. There is still lingering snow on the surrounding mountains but cherry blossoms and daffodils bloom around the town. I hear the song of birds and of streams swollen by melting snows. In spring, people feel like starting something new, and I’m no exception. I began to ride an exercise bike every morning at the gym in this apartment building. The usual exercise bike is too high for me to reach the pedals because I’m short and I use the lower one that you ride with your legs a little elevated. Since I started the exercise, my legs have been tired and achy, but I’ve felt good. The only setback for my health is a pollen allergy. I first developed it last spring and can’t go outside without a mask during the pollen season. When I strolled the mall without it the other day, I almost got drowned by my own snivel. In addition to inconvenience of wearing a mask all the time, I’ve had an unusual symptom this spring. I have a rough skin on the lower half of my face. It began to appear when the pollen season arrived and I think it also has to do with a pollen allergy. It irritates and reddens my face and I look so uncool. On top of that, my left eyelid has often twitched lately. As it happens sometimes when I feel stress financially, the twitch isn’t pollen-related but rather money-related. Spring can bring a lot of new things after the long and harsh winter, but not all things are good…

MusicMarketplace.com