Friday, September 27, 2013

Hidemi’s Rambling No.487

MusicMarketplace.com


I don’t change my hairstyle a lot. I’m quite particular over it, but once my inflexible details are materialized on my head, I stay that way for a long time. The problem is the length. Since I’m a cheap person, I keep frequency of my visit to a hair salon as low as I can. As a result, I need to have my hair cut short at every visit to make the next visit further. But it’s not a case that the shorter the better. Because my favorite particular hairstyle is feminine, I need to keep some length. That causes tug-of-war with a hairdresser. When I go to the hair salon, my hair has usually gotten quite long and the hairdresser has to cut it more than ten inches to the shortest possible length for my style. He or she is always unwilling to do so. Although I request loud and clear, they try to make sure over and over. Then they bring an extra mirror behind my head. Showing and pointing my hair on the back, they still make sure the length I ask for. Despite my repeated confirmations, my hair ends up longer than I requested when it’s done each time. A hairdresser once told me that girls sometimes cry when their hair is cut short. I suppose those experiences make them reluctant to cut hair drastically. I totally don’t understand those who cry just for an undesirable hairstyle. There is too much to cry for in this world beside a hairstyle. My mother used to want me to wear a boyish hairstyle. While my younger sister had long hair, I wasn’t allowed it and my hair was always short like a boy. I got defiant and made my hair long when I was seven. My mother persistently told me to cut it, but I wanted to wear long hair for once. My uncle lived with us at that time. He saw our battle over long hair every day and said that he would cut my hair in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. He said it as a joke but I took it as a serious threat. I had suffered from insomnia and his remark made it even worse. I was too afraid to sleep, thinking he would come in to cut my hair if I fell asleep. I usually lay spreading my hair on the pillow but had lain hiding my hair tensely for some nights. Now, I can enjoy a feminine style as much as I like. I went to a hair salon the other day. A new hairdresser unusually cut my hair to exactly what I asked for. It has finally gotten short and I feel tidy and refreshed…

MusicMarketplace.com