Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.186

Last weekend, the collision between the teammates happened at GP of Turkey. Weber and Vettel belong to the same team, and were running first and second when they collided. The win was handed over to Hamilton whom I disliked. Because the two drivers are my favorite drivers and I was cheering for them, I got furious from disappointment. If I were a team manager, I would fire them right away. In my history as an avid Formula One fan, I’ve fired countless drivers and team members in front of TV or from the stands of the circuits. Come to think of it, I’m a fan who doesn’t even have a driver’s license. So, I’m in no position at all to criticize an overtaking maneuver. If not behind the wheel, I’m too hot and passionate about the racing, and I wouldn’t be able to make cool and calm strategies. What If I were a pit engineer? I’m naturally clumsy so I would get tangled with a cord of an electrical nut screwer when the car pits in and would fall over the car. At least couldn’t I wax a Formula One car before the race? I’m not a morning person and can’t wake up in the morning, so the race would start before I arrive at the pit. While I judge their work in every race, I don’t have the slightest capability for the jobs in the beautiful, glamorous world of Formula One…