Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hidemi's Rambling No.360

Until I moved into my new apartment, one day had had 25 hours for me. For instance, I got up at 7 a.m. in the morning and went to sleep at 11 p.m. one day, I got up at 8 a.m. and went to sleep at 12 a.m. the next day, and did 9 a.m. and 1 a.m. the day after. It was a 25-hour cycle. What started me living on the odd cycle was that I used to fly back and forth between Japan and North America frequently. The time difference would hinder me from keep regular hours and disrupt my health. When I decided to let my body clock control, it found a 25-hour cycle as a perfect solution for me. I’d lived that way more than 10 years and been remarkably healthy without even having a cold. That the hours of rising and bedtime shifted one hour a day every day meant I spent the whole daytime sleeping and the nighttime working at some point. Or, I walked in the dark, sleeping town to have a morning special at a 24-hour-open restaurant as my lunch and enjoyed a beautiful morning glow before dinner. It had fitted me so well. But, on the day I moved here, my body clock somehow adjusted to a normal 24-hour cycle for a day all of a sudden. Since then, I’ve gotten up and gone to sleep at the fixed times every day, and still stayed healthy. I can’t figure out what happened to me but my day is one hour shorter than before for sure. I feel like I’m losing one hour steadily each day…