Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hidemi's Rambling No.391

I went to the nearest shopping mall from my apartment by free shuttle running for the surrounding skiing grounds. One of the skiing grounds is located near the train station so that I can save one station section’s worth of a train fare by getting off the shuttle there and then transfer to the train, instead of getting on the train directly at the closest station from home. For lunch, I got coffee for free and a sandwich and fries at great discount with mobile coupons at McDonald’s. I feel so good when I save small change. When I left home, I put the rest of boiling water into a thermos not to waste the electricity charge I had used to boil it. Even one cent gives me pleasure as long as it’s saved. On the other hand, I spend quite generously for the things that cost over $10. It’s like a fuse blows inside me because the amount is too big for me. As a result, my money doesn’t accumulate. Saving small change is therefore meaningless, but I just can’t stop it. I was so happy to have free coffee and asked for refills repeatedly. Several cups later, I started having a queasy stomach and felt sick. I couldn’t tell if I gained or lost anymore. I headed for home after I window-shopped and bought loss leader foods…