Monday, May 7, 2012

Hidemi’s Rambling No.411

MusicMarketplace.com


I was a junior high student when my oldest cousin visited our house with her friends and stayed for three days. My hometown Kyoto is a popular destination for sightseeing in Japan, so she and her friends used our house instead of booking a hotel. My mother prepared the room, laid futons for them and cooked meals as a host. By the beginning of the second day, though, her vigor had been worn out. The three young girls were talking and laughing loudly deep into the night in the room next to my parents’. On the evening of the second day, I was shocked to find my cousin hanging around my room without my knowledge. Although we’ve known each other since we were small kids, she offended me by invading my privacy. I told my mother on her and tried to make myself calm down in the living room. A few minutes later, my cousin came in and noticed an unfavorable atmosphere. She asked my mother what happened to me as I was turning away from her and ignoring her. My mother is usually a flatterer and there is always a difference between her words and actual intentions. But for this once, she told my cousin that she should have respected my privacy. I was surprised to get an unexpected supporter. In the middle of that night, I was headed to the bathroom and stumbled over a heavy cardboard box that was left in the dark hallway. I asked my mother about it in the morning with a sore foot and learned that was her trap for my cousin and her friends. My mother had put the box to make them trip over it. It was her revenge for the annoying days they had brought and I realized how angry with them she had been. Her scheme never works and that one was no exception. It was her own daughter who fell into her trap…

MusicMarketplace.com