Friday, July 5, 2013

Hidemi’s Rambling No.475

MusicMarketplace.com


I go to extremes about a trend. Either I’m one of the last ones to catch up, or one of the first ones. While I claim it was I who brought trends of western boots and a shag cut hairstyle into Japan, mostly a trend has gone out before I catch up. I still don’t know what Tamagotchi is, that everyone was once crazy about. When I bought a bean bag doll for the first time, it had a bargain price as a clearance sale for unsold goods. As for my digital life, although I’ve been online since the early days of the Internet, I got my first cell phone merely five years ago. And just recently, I finally understood the attraction of Twitter and have been caught by it. I opened my account there a few years ago but I had tweeted once a day as a rather obligatory routine. I had signed up the web service with which I gained followers in return for following them. So, I had some followers but I had never glanced through others’ tweets not to mention replied. Now that I found how to enjoy Twitter and started it afresh, I sorted out my followings. I unfollowed all of them because they were from the web service and I didn’t follow them out of my interest. Instantly, the number of my followers began to decrease accordingly because I broke the exchange. My followers have been dwindling away drastically day by day since then. Soon I’m going to have no followers although I enjoy tweeting more than ever. I added some new followings that I ‘m really interested in. Except for a couple of Japanese comedians, my favorite band Tulip and a former Formula One driver, I follow fictional characters such as Snoopy, Homer and Spongebob. As their tweets amuse me so much everyday, I feel like I live in a fantasy world. Tweeting only to fictional characters with no followers around, I will not be much different from strange people who murmur to themselves in public…

MusicMarketplace.com