Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.268

The exciting 2010 season of Formula One is over with the champion being Vettel. He’s deserved and while I congratulate on his first title, I can’t help feeling disappointed about my favorite driver Alonso’s result. Currently, he’s the fastest, the most skillful, focused and intelligent driver in the field. Up to the last race, he had led the point standings and been closest to the title. I had predicted that he would be the world champion this year before the season started. One setback was that he transferred to Ferrari for this season. Ferrari is notorious for cheating and I had to cheer the least favorite team for Alonso. He started from the third position on the last race and I was convinced that he would grab this year’s title because finishing fourth was enough for him to do just that. I watched the race on TV so intensely that I could hardly breathe at one point of the race. By the time the race ended, I was short of breath, extremely exhausted, and had a headache. Alonso finished seventh, much less forth, and lost the championship. During the course of the season, Ferrari technically infringed the testing ban and the team-order ban. To me, it seemed that those infringements weren’t forgiven and he lost for that. Since cheating is Ferrari’s specialty, he might not win the championship as long as he stays in Ferrari…