Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.269

It’s Mickey Mouse’s birthday today! I throw a birthday party for him every year, as he’s my best friend. He has helped me a lot every time I went through a difficult time. I always wonder about rather cold treatment of him from American people. When I lived in California, I went to Disneyland on Mickey’s birthday to celebrate it. While there are some kinds of special event on his birthday at Tokyo Disneyland, I was surprised that there was none at Disneyland. They just had regular shows and parades without mentioning his birthday. A cast member didn’t even know it was Mickey’s birthday when I asked about the special celebration event. She gave me a vacant look, seeming to have no clue what I expected and made a big deal of. Furthermore, people say ‘Mickey Mouse’ when they refer to something too trivial and easy. One year ago today, I also wrote here about how important he was to me, and saw a sudden and sharp drop in the number of my blog readers on the next day. I call it Mickey shock. Now that I wrote about him again this year, I’ll lose my precious readers that I’ve gained with effort for the whole year…