Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.271

In Japan, the series finale of ‘LOST’ has been just aired; thus my several-years-long fun is finally over. I had made countless predictions for the ending, all of which were outwitted. I wasn’t prepared for that surprising conclusion. After six years of adventure with ‘LOST’, it’s certainly the best TV show I’ve ever seen. It beat my other favorite shows like ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’, ‘Seinfeld’, and ‘South Park’. I was deeply moved by some of the episodes and made ‘LOST’ the TV show that I cried most. In total, I may have cried more than I did when I saw the movie, ‘Field of Dreams’. The character I shared emotion with most was Ben. His personality was so similar to me that I sometimes felt like someone who knew me was writing his lines. One of the ‘LOST’s best aspects was that most of the character’s parents were evil. Too many good parents appear on the movies and TV shows and that makes me scoff at them. Whoever wrote ‘LOST’ must feel the same way as I do about parents. ‘LOST’ was real and touched me. I already miss the show. I wonder if I can find a superb TV show like it ever again…