Friday, July 9, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.208

I decided to upgrade my Cubase SX3 to Cubase 5 and placed an order online last night. I’ll save $400 by the upgrade, not getting the whole thing. To qualify the upgrade, I needed the serial number of the current software. I rummaged in my room for the number. Finally I found it and entered it on the order form. For the last blank of the form, they required a user ID. That’s a big enigma. I wasn’t given any user ID for Cubase. On the other hand, I’ve got quite a few user IDs for the website. What user ID? Which one? I looked through the papers and couldn’t find anything likely. On their FAQ page, there was an answer to a completely different question from mine, which told to enter the name in the user ID space. Now that I’ve run out of guesses, I filled in the blank with my name. A submit button had never been far like this. This morning, the e-mail told me that my order was processed. The user ID was simply my name. Just getting an upgrade is this troublesome…