Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hidemi's Rambling Dec 10, 2009

I finished sending out my Christmas cards. Japanese people don't have a custom to send them. Instead, they send New Year post cards. I prefer a Christmas card though because a New Year card has some restrictions. For instance, it has to be arrived on New Year's Day, or, you can't send nor receive it when someone related to you has died the previous year because it is regarded as bad luck. I don't make it time-consuming but once I start writing a Christmas card, I tend to take time decorating the card with stamps or stickers. Mostly, I would send them to my grandparents on both my father's and mother's sides. One by one I lost them and I have sent the cards fewer and fewer. In September, my grandmother on my mother's side passed away. She was the last grandparent of mine. Now I have no grandparents and the number of Christmas cards I send is so small...