Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hidemi's Rambling Dec 9, 2009

It was my long-awaited day of half-price takeout pizzas. Up to this time, I had missed the opportunity every month for various reasons, and I had to get one this month. It was a very cold evening with an icy wind blowing. From my place to the pizza store is a twenty-minute walk. I was determined enough to endure the cold for a half-price pizza. The place was tiny and packed with customers. I plowed through to the order counter, where the clerks were busy taking orders for delivery by phone. The phone kept ringing one after another and they prioritized delivery orders because they were for list prices. I held on there for ten minutes, waiting for the clerks to hang up the phone and take my order. That moment never came. I overheard that it would take two hours to receive a pizza. Other customers were waiting that long standing in a crammed store, doing nothing. I don't have that kind of patience. I left the store empty-handed and walked back home in the cold for another twenty minutes. Getting a pizza at half price is such a hard attempt. My patience isn't qualified for it...