Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.105

I found an auction website where successful bidders get about 90% off on electronics or gift certificates. They were amazing prices and appealed to me so much, as I'm cheap. A bidder needs to buy the bidding coins beforehand. I'd never seen those low prices even after adding the cost of the bidding coins. I started to bid, and the price was going up steeply. It went well past the average price of the site, and yet, I couldn't stop because I'd already invested too much. When I won the bid, the price soared to an auction record for the item. I didn't get 90% off but rather lost money. Finally I understood. Yes, it was a scam. I was quite confident to have the discerning eye for it and never thought I would fall for it. The time when I was young and stupid should have long gone. I, who is more careful for money than anybody, lost it by a scam. Am I a fool after all...?