Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.119

My hard disc recorder had been malfunctioning. It had stopped recording, editing, and anything except playing. It seemed necessary to be defragmented. To initialize it, I needed to copy everything to another recorder on which I edited and burned DVDs. My malfunctioning recorder isn’t capable of the high speed copying, so the process took days. It had to be done by the next recording. My time was consumed by it, and as the next recording approached, I spent a few frantic days for real-time copying. I was barely in time for the recording, and the recorder started functioning normally after being initialized. All the fuss and sweat was to record a rerun of ‘Columbo’ and it had already become an incomplete series of my DVD collection to begin with, because I missed the first episode when the typhoon made TV out…