Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.123

The last time I was leaving Vancouver, I narrowly missed the hotel’s free shuttle to the airport. I had enough time for my flight and waited for the next shuttle, which ran every 20 minutes. But the next one didn’t show up. Half an hour passed. I was beginning to be worried. At the 35 minutes mark, I realized it was lunchtime. They skipped one service and the next one had been 40 minutes later. I told myself not to panic because it meant only five minutes more to wait. But five minutes later, it was still a no-show. It was running late. Now it was too late to call a cab and I started to panic. The shuttle finally came 10 minutes late. By then, I consumed the margin of time for the check-in counter. I was running almost crying through the airport, and found no line at all at the counter. I checked in right away without waiting and was easily be in time for my flight. It wasn’t LAX after all. But I was already exhausted from the fuss before 10 hours’ flight to Japan…