Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.121

Let me tell you how my driving school days ended up. After a few classes of lectures, the day that I drove a real car finally came. Beside me was an instructor. He taught me how to shift up engaging higher gears, while I was driving on an oval course built in the school site. I had forgotten that I was afraid of speed. Although I was driving slowly, to me, it was a roller coaster ride with the view passing by so fast. I panicked completely, being unable to remember how to brake, thus just accelerating. The tires squealed at the curves and I kept screaming. Eventually, the instructor stopped the car with the auxiliary brake. It was one of the scariest rides in my life. But, the instructor was even more afraid than I was. He was afraid of me. He asked, ‘Are you OK?’ meaning mentally. And he advised me not to drive a car. I sort of agreed with him. Against the school’s policy, they returned all the money I’d paid. I bought an electronic instrument with that money. Things must push me to music in every way…