Monday, March 8, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.128

I’m an avid fan of Formula One racing. It’s ironic that a person like me who is too afraid of speed to get a driver’s license likes Formula One so much. I’ve been watching it over 20 years. I love the cars’ beauty and the technical and psychological competition on and off the circuit. Its new season begins this weekend and I’m so excited. It’s going to be a fantastic season, as one of my favorite drivers Fernando Alonso joined Ferrari and my most favorite driver’s comeback was imminent. He is Jacques Villeneuve. He has been away from Formula One for three years but at least three teams had mentioned his name as their driver all winter. It wasn’t a matter of whether he would come back, but a matter of which team he would drive for. I made a lot of predictions and expectations about the team with so much joy. But one by one, the teams announced other drivers, and last week, only possible team announced its withdrawal. I had been thrilled about which team to cheer for Jacques, but his comeback itself vanished…