Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.150

The house in which I grew up was about 100 years old. Pieces of the wall plaster were falling off little by little and it was to be rebuilt when I was ten. During the days of moving out, my grandmother took out an old paper talisman from her ancient drawers. It had a mysterious picture on it. According to my grandmother, the talisman drew clothes if it was kept in drawers so that the drawers would be filled with clothes. She gave it to me and told me that I would never be short of clothes. I didn’t say out loud but thought it wouldn’t work because I knew how small her wardrobe was. When our new house was completed, I had my own room for the first time and kept the talisman in my wardrobe. As I thought, I was always short of clothes for years. Although the talisman didn’t work, I brought it with me when I left my hometown. Since then, the number of my clothes has been increasing and now, my closet is full of clothes. The talisman does work after all, but it has an awfully delayed effect. Another magic is, that almost all of my clothes cost around $10…