Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.169

I’m preparing for mastering of our new song and the question of the moment is where to store the master discs. After making a number of backup discs, where should I keep each one of them? I will put one at the doorway of my apartment so that I take it with me outside in case of an earthquake. But what if a fire broke out? Online data storage seems a safer solution. But what if its server crashed? For that case, do I need to use a depository box at a bank? What if Mt. Fuji erupted and burnt down Japan? I have a storage room in L. A. and I can store a disc there. But do I fly to L. A. just to bring one disc? I also have a storage space in Montreal but what if war broke out between U. S. and Canada? There seems no safe place to keep the master disc. It’s such a valuable enough thing to me to think about possibilities although the value to the world is unknown…