Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.177

It’s raining with a strong wind. But even the bad weather didn’t hinder me from going to Costco. There, I mainly get prepared foods. They carry them by a large volume at impossibly low prices. Those who live in the U.S. may regard it as the norm and they never know how happy I feel to see American-sized foods sold at low prices since we usually buy food by a very small portion at high prices in Japan. Costco is full of what I want to get and it’s very difficult for me to be self-controlled. I can get only few items at a time for several reasons. For one, my fridge is very small. And, I can’t eat that much for every meal. Then, there are clear limitations to carry them back home by bus and train, as I don’t have a car. Thus, I have to select carefully what I get for the day and that’s so hard because everything there is very attractive. Today, I reluctantly gave up most items and got only a few kinds of food as usual. But as being American-sized, they easily took up my hands and ability to carry and didn’t give me any room to hold an umbrella in the rain. I came home soaking wet…