Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.176

I’m attached to my stuff once I get them and use them for many years. When I got my first cell phone two and a half years ago, I intended to use it for the rest of my life. I had treated it with care, even with leaving a protective film still on over the display screen. But a letter from a cell phone company disrupted my entire plan. It said that my cell phone would soon become useless because of some protocol change. In compensation, they offered a much lower rates and a big discount to the new phone. It’s almost free. So, I got a new one. When I tried to charge the battery of it, I found that they had changed the configuration of a battery charger. I strongly doubt if it was really necessary. My cell phone charger has also become useless. I remembered that I had put a wind-up generator into my emergency bag and charged the battery by winding the handle of the generator. The new cell phone was turned on and my arm was strained. I realized I couldn’t repeat this for the rest of my life and bought a new battery charger. My arm is still aching…