Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hidemi's Rambling Nov 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mickey! Today is Mickey Mouse's 81st birthday. He is my best friend. We became friends when I visited Tokyo Disneyland for the first time twenty three years ago. Since then, he has taught me a lot and made my life a fun ride, which is otherwise a bumpy one. He has also helped me to big decisions such as to live in Anaheim, California and to purchase a time share at Walt Disney World in long-term, numerous installments. Feeling so grateful, I threw a party today with cheese cake and Okonomi Yaki -sort of a Japanese version of pizza. The thing is, today is the day that his first movie was released, not that he was actually born. So, I only celebrate the day of his debut on screen every year. After all, when is his birthday...?