Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hidemi's Rambling Nov 19, 2009

I bought a desk top PC in May to use it as a TV set. I record TV shows on its HDD and watch them on its monitor. It came with a remote, but didn't respond. I thought it wasn't a model controllable by a remote. Yesterday, I watched DVDs of Mickey Mouse's classic films and of 'South Park'. I usually watch DVDs on my lap top, but tried on the desk top for the first time. While I haven't minded watching recorded programs without a remote, it was cumbersome to watch DVDs without it. I studied the desk top closely, and found a tiny sensor on the front, which was blocked by a slender leg of the coffee table. That reminded me of a mysterious object that also came with the desk top. I rummaged it out. It turns out to be an external receiver for a remote. With one simple action, it was set up and the remote began to work. So convenient. I haven't used this essential item for six months. One leg of a table plays a big role...