Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hidemi's Rambling No.86

The expiration date for free online viewing of 'The O.C. Season 2' is approaching and that led me to an OC marathon. I watched three episodes today too. Watching 'The O.C.' evokes my memories because I used to live in OC. My apartment was in Anaheim and I would often go to the mall in Newport Beach. A big difference between my life and the show is that I didn't get there by one of those gorgeous cars. I always took the free shuttle van of the mall. The van was a completely ragged, worn-out vehicle which seemed to be a miracle to run so fast on Interstate 5. The windows, interior, the floor and the door all clattered and looked on the verge of falling apart. In a way, it was totally a thrill ride. But I should thank that van for what I owe. My new song for which I have been working now was born in that shabby van...